Monday, February 4

I Hate The Winter

I cannot even begin to describe how deep my loathing for cold weather goes. I feel uncomfortable everyday in the winter because of it. Not a day goes by that I dont shiver or feel miserable because I can't get warm or stay warm.

The very beginning of everyday starts with me waiting in the bathroom for the water to get hot while I stand there shivering. Then the next hoop to get through is to get out of the hot shower and into the cold bathroom which is always horrible. I just can't keep my apartment warm and last month I had nearly a $200 PG&E bill so I also can't just leave it cranking.

When I get home at night my apartment is freezing and it takes at least a few hours to feel "warm" in the living room so in the meantime I have sweat pants, several shirts, a sweatshirt, a hat and my fake ripp off Uggs on while wrapped in a blanket on the couch.

I know none of this is exclusive to me. Pretty much everyone wakes up in a cold apartment and has to deal with the cold same as I do, but for some reason it really effects me. It just makes me angry to not be able to feel relaxed and comfortable, especially in my own apartment. I feel like my body is always clenched and it's a lot easier to dress when the weather is warm. At least dress cute, layers are not a very flattering look. The only thing that cold weather has going for it is that it is easier to sleep at night then during the summer when its hot. Other then that it sucks.

On a brighter note however, I just looked at the 10 day forecast and they are showing a sunny 69 for Sunday. Please oh please make the cold weather stop and give us more days like that!

6 comments:

Adam said...

Wait, if you don't have to poop, you won't sit on the toilet, but you'll stand in front of the shower waiting for the water to get hot? Hmmmmm...

But yeah, it does suck getting out of bed in the morning when you've got a cat sprawled on top of you. So warm.

Lulu said...

Well standing there waiting for the shower really isnt something I want to do but if I turn it on and go back to bed chances are I am falling back asleep. It is a neccesary evil to keep me awake.

And yeah cats do a good job of snuggling and keeping you warm too.

Kris10 said...

You should invest in those towel warmers so at least you have a warm towel to wrap up in when you get out of the shower! :)

Lulu said...

I need a full body warmer! But that isnt something I ever thought of, I am not really sure how those even work actually...


I do fantasize about heated tile in the bathroom though. That would be sweet. Someday, someday.

Adam said...

Ah, you could turn the water on and do push-ups or jog in place or otherwise occupy yourself with an activity that would wake you up and keep you warm.

I'm starting to wonder about your multi-tasking skills. =P

Anonymous said...

you know I've lived in 2 of the four apartments in that building and there was always a heating problem. I would tell Bob (if that's the same landlord) that something is wrong wth the heater. Cause after they had a guy out and he would clank around the heater for a while the heat would be nice and it would go pretty smoothly. I also used space heaters. I put one in the bathroom and that was always a good answer to the cold maornng issue.