Wednesday, January 2

Vacation is Over

No one likes coming back to work the first day back from vacation and/or time off and I am no exception. I have not been able to get it together this morning and the black coffee is not yet kicking in.

I was slow getting ready this morning and then realized how late it had gotten and rushed out the door only to forget my breakfast and mid morning snack that was sitting out which will now spoil because one was frozen and the other one was yogurt. Then I had to scrape ice off my windshield and somehow cut my hand which I didn't notice at first because my hands were so cold I couldn't feel anything. By the time I realized it I had gotten a little blood on my pants (luckily I now have a washer and dyer that can take care of that likity split). So now I sit here, hungry and bloody in a haze of sleep that wont lift trying to pull it together. Sure if I begged and pleaded I could take a trip to the nearest starbucks and get myself a double tall latte and some food, but I have a lot of work to do and it was my own damnd fault I forget my breakfast so I deserve the repercussions of my absent mindedness, *sigh*. (Ha, I heard some violins after re-reading that)

On a brighter note however (I don't want to start my first post of 2008 by bitching about everything) it is Wednesday already so not only will there be a meeting of the dice riff raff tonight but the week is practically half over and it feels like Monday. Also We are supposed to get some rain this weekend which I look forward to. I will be sleeping in over the weekend, snuggled up in my warm bed and my sleep mask, maybe or maybe not snoring to the sound of the rain. Oh and I am having a pretty good hair today, lots of bounce and body. Now if I could only get my eyes to open more than Gilbert Godfrey's.....

1 comment:

Adam said...

Heh, nice jab at GG.

I also am looking forward to the rain.