Monday, October 22

The weekend - I've had better

Although this weekend started out fairly well, by Sunday I was self sequestered in my apartment in an attempt to avoid human contact for at least a day. I needed the break.

On Saturday night I went to see my friend's husbands band Fraud at the Milano (I regret now that I didn't just go to Landmark, I would have had a much better time). I went with my friend, her husband and a friend of theirs that was described to me as a very talented musician/guitarist that fancies himself a rock star. So this was the first time that I had been to the Milano and it isn't too bad of a venue but they only serve beer and wine, booo!

There was a female led group that went on before Fraud that was really good, sort of a Rockabilly sound, certainly a rockabilly look. I enjoiyed them as did everyone else, included the tiny little Mexican man that was completely wasted and also a dancing machine. The little mexican was funny to watch at first, but then it just got sad. He sat himself down at a big table with a group that had all come together and at one point a couple of the girls in the group got up to dance and were motioning to their other girlfriend to join them and the little mexican thought they were motioning to him, so he got up and started dancing. He spun himself around and around like a whirling dervish on on speed. Still funny at this point and he also had very serious facial expressions throughout all of this. (Ok I am oing to end the story here because it will be a really long story written - remind me to tell you in person sometime)

Also, the "rock star" friend that came with us hit on me for about 3 hours straight, despite the fact I was clearly not interested and he couldn't remember my name. He actually tried to convince me that it wasnt important that he knew what my name was and then started calling me green eyes. My friend even told him I wasn't interested and I finally got to the point where I told him flat out that it wasn't going to happen, ever, and he still wouldnt stop! This is not by any means me bragging either because had you seen this guy, well had you seen him you would know he wasnt someone to brag about. I also made the big mistake of not driving myself so I was stuck there until they wanted to leave which ended up being about 3 AM. At some point my friend stepped on my foot with her 4 inch stilleto heel too which hurt like hell and left my foot swollen and bruised. I now know that heels could be good weapons should I ever be attacked.

So Sunday was spent inside my apartment, away from all of the freaks of the world. Today is a new day and a new week, I am hoping for some better luck.

6 comments:

Adam said...

Poor Gifford. And you missed out Saturday, I was totally punk.

Lulu said...

oh yeah, did you shave your head?

edluv said...

but did the leafblower wake you today @ 4am?

Lulu said...

Yes as a matter of fact he did. Either I am getting used to it though or I was really tired but I was able to go right back to sleep. He got lucky...this time.

Adam said...

No, I shaved my arms.

Lulu said...

Those crazy punks with their loud music and their shaved arms.