Friday, July 27

The Phone Fiasco Finally Coming To An End?

I have been hoping for over a month now that my phone would be waiting for me in my mailbox one of these days, missing me as much as I have missed him, however I have accepted the fact that that outcome was not to be. I am curious as to where exactly it is at this particular moment, the bottom of someones desk drawer perhaps, circling the globe in a bin of international mail, sitting in my mailbox at this very moment (this is probably the most likely scenario) - I don't know but after a month of using my Zach Morris phone with the shark screensaver it is time I move on. I cancelled my phone Wednesday and thanks to Mike for getting me the make and model of my phone, a replacement refurbished phone should be delivered (in the mail naturally) to me Monday or Tuesday of next week. Of course this did not come with complications. After going through the automated service and while waiting to talk to a customer service rep, the line disconnected and I had to go thru the process again (this also resulted in my saying "you have to be fucking kidding me" loudly in the office - oops). They are also charging me $50 to replace it, even though I have insurance on my phone that I pay 10 bucks monthly for. Their website states "A $50 non-refundable deductible per approved insurance replacement applies". So what exactly is my insurance covering then if I have to pay $50 for a replacement phone that isn't even new but refurbished? I think Apple and AT&T have the same customer service plan.
On a brighter note I no longer have to be embarassed when using my phone in a public place, I can proudly accept calls, have a musical ring, and check the time without pulling that monstrosity out of my purse. I am not putting this all to rest yet though, I still have to get the phone next week. At least this time I have a tracking number.

6 comments:

edluv said...

"sitting in my mailbox at this very moment (this is probably the most likely scenario)"

most likely? how about least?


"Of course this did not come with complications."

i think you meant "did not come without complications"


and now, i will return to my home under a bridge.

Lulu said...

No, it is the most likely scenario because thats the kind of stupid thing that happens to me. The day after I finally cancel my phone after waiting for a month it would show up.

Yes, I meant without complications. Thank you for pointing that out slugger.

edluv said...

slugger? the index finger poke is far from slugging.

Lulu said...

Poker

m.wise said...

mmmmmm.

poker.

Adam said...

Much better than pokehim.