Tuesday, May 29

Busy week ahead!

This is going to be a rambling post, you have been warned.

So Thursday my sister and her new husband are coming to town so we can throw them a reception (they were married in Costa Rica in April). I get along really well with my sister so I am very excited to see her and I very much like her husband Chris too. They met on Match.com, but I like to say that I was the real reason they got together because she wouldn't have gone to Texas if it hadn't been for me. Texas may not have worked out so well for me, but it has worked out very well for my sister. That reminds me, I have to write a toast. Damnit.

So Thursday I am taking them to dinner, Friday I am having dinner with Kristens new in-laws and meeting them for the first time then I am going to join Kendall's b-day extravaganza, Saturday is the big reception, and Sunday it is a day trip to the cabin. I wonder how long it will take before we are all sick of each other. My mom and sister have similar personalities so they have a tendancy to butt heads, which usually leaves me in the middle to calm everyone down. I am definitely the peace keeper in the family and the one that everyone complains to. I put all of that communication training to good use in my personal life at least.

Ok this is starting to sound like a Dear diary post, time to stop.

4 comments:

edluv said...

why did they get married in costa rica? that sounds cool.

Adam said...

You? The forehead-smacking, finger-thumping, punk is the peace-keeper? I'm shocked.

Lulu said...

Yeah their wedding was fantastic. I wasn't there of course but the pictures are great and they did a lot of fun active things while they were there. My sister said it was similar to Mexico except the people are friendlier.

Adam, its true. You see if I am not actually a part of the disagreement/argument, then I don't engage in forehead thumping. Now that I think about it, you guys haven't seen me angry (not even you Ed, despite the ice incident). I don't get angry very often.

edluv said...

new goal for adam