Thursday, February 11

Things I Saw While Running Yesterday

Since it is staying lighter later in the day, Mike and I have taken advantage and are running almost all of our miles outside now which is wonderful and also entertaining. We usually start at the Lowe's on Clovis and Shaw and take the trail from there.

Yesterday we were almost to the first stoplight past Lowe's when we hear and loud thunk along with some screeching tires. I look up to see an SUV with one spare tire on, jumping up onto the curb, correcting and then going back to the road. The car was stopped at the light so I looked over to see who was driving and it was a woman driving looking a bit frazzled. I was expecting to see someone who looked a bit sheepish but I guess she wasn't having a great day, having tire troubles and driving up on curbs and all.

Not to be outdone though, a mere half a block later I hear another crash and look up to see a man on a bike getting taken out by a bush. He was coming around the corner and the bush was encrouching on the sidewalk but really I think this guy was just drunk. He got back up and started riding off and he looked a little...off.

I really am not super comfortable with the section of trail behind American Tires before you get to Clark Intermediate School. There are always some shady characters lurking about. Running there is always better than running on a treadmill though and also more entertaining.

No comments: