Wednesday, February 24

Pictures of Things

Here are some pictures of things that are completely unrelated except their reflection of my life at the moment.

First, I did some re-arranging of our master bedroom so we could put up one of the Valentine's Day presents I made Mike:

Since we got a new dresser I also moved my old dresser to the side of my bed so I could still have that storage and also a night stand. I really like my "art" on the wall there. I am not crazy about my mirror arrangement over the bed though. I might replce those with some round mirrors instead.

I had to take down my three Pancho Villa posters to put the sign up there but I still absolutely adore them and I didn't want to take the down completely so I put the over our new dresser and brought in a snake plant:
And I swear I did not place my cowboy boots there for the pic, they have been there for a few weeks as I keep forgetting to put them away. Not a bad touch though;)

I had dinner with Kendall on Saturday and brought her some flowers from my yard. I also added some branches from another bush to spruce things up:

A few weeks ago Mike and I took Nika to a park near us so she could stretch her legs a bit and have fun. I don't know how much weight she has lost but her diet and consistent exercise has really made a difference and she is looking really good.
Since she is going to be doing a lot of hiking with us this summer we need to make sure she is in shape and ready to go and by the looks of things she is well on her way. She also loves running full throttle.

Nika made a friend at the park, a dog named Nitzy.
She looked like a muppet:)

And in other Nika news, she got herself into a little bit of trouble Sunday night. Mike and I were eating dinner on the couch and Nika has figured out that I drop food while I am eating because she likes to lay underneath the coffee table with her head at my feet waiting for tasty morsels. I don't really mind because I indeed can't keep the food on the fork and it is less for me to clean up. This time however she was fixated on something under the couch. I bent over to see what she was looking at and one of her balls had rolled underneath so I grabbed it and tossed it towards her bed. Well that was stupid of me because she is underneath the coffee table and before I knew it she had scrambled to get the ball, hit the table hard and spilled both of our drinks. There is nothing graceful about that dog, she is a bull in a china shop.

Mike and I jump up to go get towels to pick up the spilled drinks and as Mike is coming back in I hear him say "Nika!" and I ask what is going on and she had taken the pork chop off of my plate and was chowing down. I am convinced she planned the whole thing.

Those are just some snap shots of my life:)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Silly pooch! :-)

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks