Tuesday, April 28

Fresno Is Getting Just a Little Bit More Famous

The current issue of Sunset Magazine arrived yesterday and while I was thumbing through it to my very pleasant suprise found an article on Fresno. Not only Fresno though, the Tower District. It features Chicken Pie Shop, Landmark, Retro Rag, Tower Theater etc. and it wasn't just a blurb but took up 2 pages including several photos. I thought I could find a link to it online but I haven't been able to find it so if anyone is interested I can scan it tomorrow. It was cool to see Tower getting some recognition though.

Not featured in Sunset Magazine was a hole in the wall chinese restaraunt that I went to on Saturday night. Kirin Restaraunt is located in the southwest shopping center at Cedar and Herndon and although the restaraunt itself isn't much to look at, the food was fantastic and really that's all anyone really cares about.

I was dining with my parents and 4 family friends so we ordered everything family style and there was nothing I didn't like. The specials that day were honey shrimp with walnuts and some fish dish that I can't remember the name of but it was lightly breaded and fried and absolutely melted in your mouth. My favorite dish though was the shrimp with walnuts. The sauce wasn't overly sweet and it also had chunks of pineapple and the walnuts were roasted. It was delicious.

We also had several typical dishes like Happy Family, Sizzling rice soup and spicy tofu, all of which were excellent. I can't say anything negative about the food whatsover, it was all good. The atmopshere left something to be desired and it seemed that everyone who came in while we were there (aside from the big family next to use) was over the age of 70, but it is also sort of what you expect for a strip mall chinese food restaraunt atmosphere wise, but the food will impress and please you.

I would very much reccomend Kirin Restaraunt. Next time you are in the mood for some asian cusine give it a try, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Kirin Restaraunt
6769 N Cedar Ave
Fresno, CA 93710

(559) 431-6122

4 comments:

edluv said...

wait, you get sunset magazine? what are you, 70?

Lulu said...

When is the last time you looked at a Sunset magazine? They have a lot of really cool stuff in there.

Monticore said...

The last time I looked at it was when I went to my grandma's house!

Anonymous said...

My wife and i felt [url=http://www.fakeok.com]fake oakleys for sale[/url] now

joyful when Edward could finish up his investigation from the ideas he gained out of the web pages. fake oakleys for sale ,It's not at all

simplistic to simply

choose to be

offering tips which often people today might have been making money from. And we also already know

we've got the blog owner to appreciate

for this. The type of explanations you've made, the simple [url=http://www.fakeok.com]fake oakleys usa[/url] blog menu, the

friendships [url=http://www.fakeok.com]fake oakleys usa[/url] your site help promote - it's all

overwhelming, and it's really assisting our son in

addition to us reason why

the article is brilliant, which is

extraordinarily serious. Thank you

for all the pieces!