Tuesday, August 28

Did you ever wonder...

Did you ever wonder what the bells mean at Trader Joes? Well I have and today I found out what they mean:

It’s a kind of Trader Joe’s Morse code. Those blustery PA systems just didn’t feel right to us, so we came up with a simple system to communicate – island style. One bell lets our Crew know when to open another register. Two bells mean there are additional questions that need to be answered at the checkout. Three bells call over a manager-type person. Honestly, it’s much easier than the ole message in a bottle trick.

So there you go, in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, I heart Trader Joes!

m.wise said...

you speak of the bells as if you work at trader joes...do you work at trader joes?

Lulu said...

I was quoting their website so no in fact I don't work there but I do shop there every week usually.